12 CE Hour Lomi Lomi Massage
This Hawaiian massage class teaches mostly the ancient temple style Lomi, with strokes from heel to head and back. The majority of the class is hands-on practice time with extra emphasis on using forearms, oil and long strokes.
Some brief history about Hawaii and lomi practice is offered, including reviewing Ahupua’a, Ho'oponopono, chanting and the Hawaiian heiau.
There is instructor demonstration plus student practice and receipt of lomi massage in addition to the theoretical powerpoint presentation. We will use bolsters, the face cradle and top/bottom sheets (draping is with full sheets instead of a towel). Students should be comfortable fully undressing for practice. Genitalia and breast tissue are covered with draping at all times; however, in prone position, 1/2 the body is exposed from head to heel for long body stroking (no gluteal cleveage or genitalia are exposed).
The lomi strokes taught in this class include:
- Prone: Short & Long Back Strokes
- Prone: Hand & Forearm Strokes Heel to Head (and back)
- Prone: Sole of Foot Forearm Stroking
- Prone: Heel to Wrist Stroking (and back)
- Supine:Face Work with Forearms
- Supine: Wrist to Waste Stroking
- Supine: Simultaneous Chest & Back Strokes
- Supine: Abdominal Work (optional)
- Supine: Simultaneous Anterior & Posterior Leg Strokes
- Supine: Foot Work with Forearms